Monday 31 October 2011

Review: Klorane Soothing Eye Makeup Remover


This is one of Klorane's newer launches, the eye makeup remover. This does not contain any preservatives or parabens and has a pH similar to tears, which suggests suitability for even the most sensitive eyes - which I think I have! If you haven't already heard of Klorane (they are relatively new to the UK) I wrote a quick post about them here. This eye makeup remover is made with cornflower water, known for its soothing properties.

I really like this eye makeup remover, it is a water-based eye makeup remover, and I've only been accquainted to oil-based removers. The product itself is in an eye-shaped bottle but vertically - very smart, and I love holding the bottle too! The way in which I use this is to saturate a cotton pad with it and hold on the eye for about 10 seconds, I'm very impatient...the first time I used this I didn't wait at all and rubbed my makeup off and it actually worked! Everything came off in one sweep, that surprised me a little, especially as it's not oil-based. However, the more and more I've used it, especially with heavier/darker eye makeup I would recommend holding the cotton on the eye for a few seconds to allow the makeup to degenerate.

The texture is that of the cotton pad but wet, I don't feel anything other than that, it's not very soft when using it and neither is it too tough or rough for the eye area. Overall I think this is a good eye makeup remover, it does the job well without any issues. I've noticed that my eyes are more and more irritable recently, along with my skin, and this did nothing to worsen that at all, and didn't hurt my eyes either. I would repurchase this, it's also within the travel-friendly limits so you can throw it into hand luggage too!

It is available at John Lewis at £6 for 100ml.



Product: 7.5/10
Effectiveness: 7.5/10
Texture/Formula: 7.5/10
Value: 7.5/10
Packaging: 4.5/5
Application: 4.5/5
Repurchase: Yes

Overall: 7.8/10

5 comments:

  1. great review and good price, its on my list for next time I need eye make up remover x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Beauty Balm thank you, I hope you like it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review :) I might try this at some point never really tried any eye makeup removers before Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i might go check this product out xx

    my blog : http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    RavingBeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty you did a good job!!
    After reading this site I got lot of information about best beauty products. There are many types of good products available in the market at the affordable price
    Smokey Eye Make Up

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)