Monday 5 September 2011

Review: John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Multi-Tone Revealing Moisturising Shampoo and Conditioner


I bought both the shampoo and conditioner at £1.99 each for 50ml, and both lasted for 5 washes of my mid-back length hair, pretty good value I think. There are full sizes available too from Boots, Superdrug and supermarkets. I don't have completely brown hair, in fact I'd say it's leaning towards the more black side, but I do have dark brown and medium brown hair on my head randomly. Especially towards the front and top of my head my hair is lighter.

Using this pair for the first time I thought it was pretty average and didn't notice any change in the colour of my hair or brightness/shiny-ness. The second time onwards my hair seemed to have more colour in it, as though I'd added highlights but not as strongly to that effect of course. The natural brown tones in my hair were definitely 100% more prominent and noticeable and I absolutely loved it, I've always wanted to colour my hair and switch it up a bit but haven't done so due to various reasons as of yet.

My hair was clean and felt moisturised and healthy too which was great. To make sure I don't confuse anyone, this will not magically give you highlights or a change in hair colour, however it did reveal my hair colour's undertones and make them more visible to the naked eye - something which I really liked. My hair is pretty normal, occasionally on the dry brittle side when in need of a haircut, but not highly so ever.

I will definitely be repurchasing these in the full size when all my shampoos and conditioners run out and I would recommend it. Maybe you could pick up the one made for your hair colour and let me know what you think! Or if you've already tried it, what did you think? 9/10 for this pair of haircare! :)

6 comments:

  1. I remember trying these once before, but I can't remember how I got on with them! Maybe I'll hunt some out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bargain! I remember using the conditioner a couple of years ago and I really like it, there are so many on the market I never seem to use the same one twice! I think I shall make a new purchase now though, great post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Viktoria lol! I do that with stuff too, having a blog helps, so I can just go back and read what I thought of something :)

    @Madame Gourmand I'm the same, I hardly use anything more than once too, but I'm slowly finding a few favourite things in each category now, thank goodness! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this shampoo, been using it for 5 years now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sidrah Really?! I hadn't ventured into this range until now! :) I'm glad to hear you love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the conditioner!! and i really feel like it gave me dark brown hair more depth, im' sorry it didn't for you. i did a post on my blog a while showing the 'brilliant' effect;

    http://abeautifulzen.blogspot.ca/2013/05/review-john-frieda-brilliant-brunette.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)