Tuesday 25 October 2011

Boudoir Privé - October 2011

I got my Boudoir Privé box a little while ago, I haven't used everything in it but here's what I got and my thoughts...I also have a little ramble for you towards the end!

The contents:


I haven't included prices, I typed them all up but then blogger decided not to save. I'm sorry, I just don't want to redo everything again.

I'm actually really happy with this month's box, I've previously tried a tiny sample of Korres' Guava Body Butter and I thought it was great, the scent wasn't amazing for me, but it wasn't bad. I'm so happy they've included the StudioMakeup Eyeliner Pen, I don't own any felt tip type eyeliners and I've always wanted to try one, this is also full size and in black. The two Cetuem products look interesting but I'm not entirely sure if I want to use them, because I don't want to alter my skin in anyway, only protect it and bring it to its natural state...by that I mean I'd like to lose the tan and the blemishes, then my skin would be as it was originally, but I'm not sure I'd be happy using these without checking up on the ingredients and how they work. Interesting products though. I've heard so much about the Rose & Co Rose Petal Salve, and apparently it's great, I just don't like using my fingers for balms, hence why all my tubes finish a lot quicker...but I may give this a go...I didn't love the perfume because of the strength I think, and just the scent in general, it'll get used up quickly though, I'll just spray it in my room or around the house. The Leonor Greyl hair oil is gorgeous, it smells great, feels great on the hair, not yucky and greasy and actually stayed in my hair after shampoo, I shampooed it twice and then conditioned. I'm not entirely sure if there is a difference but I think there is...obviously there isn't a scientific measure so I can't say, and even if there was I'd pick at it...but brilliant overall, I liked it at least!

Unfortunately I have now unsubscribed from Boudoir Privé, I simply cannot afford to pay for 5 boxes per month and I didn't think that they were offering as much as the other boxes for similar prices, I think this is their first box with larger products... I thought very hard and long about which box I'd like to unsubcribe from and weighing everything up Boudoir Privé seemed the best box for me to drop for the moment. I would like to add that they are a fantastic company from my experience and I've had no issues whatsoever with them, they're very polite, prompt and show that they care about each customer individually. I've just had to drop the box for now at least.

I've also thought about dropping beauty box posts from the blog altogether, I know I've written a lot of these in a short space of time and I feel like the blog is being taken over by them! Please let me know in the comments how you feel about this, and if you disagree with me completely even. I'm looking into which box to drop next, because I can't afford much at the moment, I check out all the things I want in my online window shops and then empty my basket...oh! Please check out my blogsale on the tab above and I'll post your things asap!

Sorry for the long, rambling, self-pitying post! I hope you enjoyed nonetheless! Many thanks for reading :)

7 comments:

  1. I'm subscribed to four and not sure how long I'll continue to get them. But for the moment I'm loving them all! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Beauty Balm They are great, just ends up being very costly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this months Boudoir prive but ended up unsubbing from glossybox! Now i just need to choose between Boudoir prive and Feelunique!

    I dont think you should exclude beauty boxes from your blog, if you feel like theyre taking over maybe just do one post on all of your boxes from now on?

    http://zozeze.blogspot.com/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Zoe I did like it too, I don't think that overall they've provided as much as the other beauty box brands! Hmm...ok thanks :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for my box to arrive! I've subscribed to it last week and will only get mine in November.

    I am subscribed to four as well and I am pretty satisfied 0o it's now an addiction and you might be right about them taking over all blog posts. This is actually happening to me as well... =/

    Anyways this month's box looks amazing! Hope next month's is equally good =)

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. i dunno whether to sign up for 1 xx

    my blog : http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    RavingBeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading post about beauty boxes I guess I'm just nosey when it comes to seeing what's inside! haha
    Those sample sizes do look generous thought! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)