Saturday 15 October 2011

Review: Eau Thermale Avène - Thermal Spring Water

Avène is a brand renowned for its suitability for sensitive skins and is based on the unique Avène Thermal Spring Water which is known to have soothing and anti-irritating properties. Their Thermal Spring Water is available at Boots for £6.50 for 150ml or £3.15 for 50ml.



I've been a fan of this product since I discovered it a little while back on my regular trips to Boots, I love that it has the minerals to suit sensitive skin - even though I don't have very sensitive skin, I just like to know that it is a safe product to use. I use it to refresh my face and body in the heat, as a spray to set makeup, as a toner and after a facial, these are a few of the many uses. It could also be used to calm skin after hair removal. It is available in 2 sizes, 150ml or 50ml, and has very simple, effective packaging. For the purposes it is created and designed for, I think it works brilliantly, it is a must-have in my handbag, although I carry the small one! The main uses I like it best for, are definitely in hot weather and as a general refreshing spray, it doesn't hurt, spray out huge droplets or irritate the skin. Another use given is post-surgery - meaning it should really suit and help all skins.

In terms of the formula, it has a large mineral composition which impresses me, as I feel minerals and natural organic products may be better for our bodies in general. The value is better than some of its competitors because of the mineral composition and suitability for even the most sensitive skins. Some other sprays I've tried I've found to cost more than £6.50 and the only ingredient listed is: Aqua. So based on that alone Avène performs much better. I will be doing a comparison post soon too! I also find that if my skin is feeling irritated, (I have a feeling that my skin is becoming slightly sensitive or is sensitive to some factors) it helps to reduce the feeling of irritation,

I would repurchase this and already have done several times, it lasts me a long time and I don't think the price is too painful either, especially as I tend to use the smaller version a lot. It's very helpful in hot weather and as a pick-me-up throughout the day.


Product: 9/10
Effectiveness: 9/10
Texture/Formula: 9/10
Value: 8.5/10
Packaging: 4/5
Application: 4/5
Repurchase: Yes

Overall: 8.7/10

6 comments:

  1. that sounds lovely xx

    my blog : http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    RavingBeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds really nice! I'm currently using the liz earle toner but I'm not overly impressed with it! I like it and it smells delicious but I feel it doesn't really do anything for me other than smelling divine! Once it runs out I'm going to give this a try! It'd be really great to see a comparison post!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @RavingBeautyx thanks! xx

    @blog-a-beauté it really is, I have the Liz Earle toner but won't be using it until I finish my Nick Lowe things, I'll have one up soon! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this too in fact I have a bottle somewhere I need to find where I've put it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have awarded you the Versatile bloggers award! Check it out at: http://www.simplecountrygirl.com/2011/10/blog-award-versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought this product after reading your review - love it, thanks! x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)