Friday 21 October 2011

GlossyBox - October 2011

I received my GlossyBox a little while ago and I thought I'd share my thoughts and first impressions about the October box.

Here's what was included:

I forgot to take out the Dermalogica Renewal Lip Complex from the bag - too excited, sorry!


Dermalogica AGE smart Multivitamin Thermafoliant - 15ml sample - worth £8.10
Robert Piguet Eau De Parfums x3 small vials
Leighton Denny Expert Nails Colour & Care in Babydoll - full size - £11
Dermalogica AGE smart Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque - 15ml sample - worth £7.07
Dermalogica AGE smart Renewal Lip Complex - 1ml sample - worth £12.86
Dermalogica Beauty Bag
Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Moray - full size - £13


Total Value of Box: at least £52.03
Amount Paid: £12.95
Total Saving: £39.08

I think this month's box was brilliant, it was a 6 month anniversary special for them so there were 6 products, admittedly a lot of Dermalogica, but they are a very well known brand with lots of positive feedback on their products. I've had a chance to try most of the products and here are my thoughts.

The Dermalogica thermafoliant felt very strange on my skin, it has very tiny scrubbing particles in it which made my skin feel odd, but after using it left my face nice and smooth. The perfume samples are beginning to annoy me a little because I now have no more than 18, all from various beauty boxes and orders, I suppose it's a nice way to try lots of different perfumes though, so I'll keep my annoyance at bay. I definitely got the nicest shade out of the 3 Leighton Denny polishes that were available but I'm not entirely sure it's for me, I've yet to try it though...I haven't tried the Dermalogica Masque yet but it looks interesting! The lip balm is amazing, I absolutely love it, I can't believe it's so expensive though! Full size (1.75ml) is £22.50! It's luxurious, melts onto your lips well, moisturises and smells lovely. The Dermalogica beauty bag was a lovely addition and they're right, we can never have too many cosmetic bags! Finally Stila's Smudge Stick Eyeliner, I used this on the first day and it was gorgeous, the colour is so pretty, the gold flecks look beautiful with brown eyes, it really impressed me and I looked it up in more shades. I also wore this the day after I got it, unfortunately it broke once, and quite a chunk of it broke off, I ignored this and twisted it up for another perfect line, the third day I picked this up again as I was in a rush but it broke twice! And small chunks each time, I've informed GlossyBox and they were very helpful, they gave me suggestions on how to use it but after I sent them my picture of broken eyeliner they have offered to replace it when stock comes in.

Overall I think I'd give this box a 9/10, every product looked well thought out and in general I think I will like them all. I did enquire as to why there were so many anti-aging products, and they are for prevention apparently, a mask is a mask to me and an exfoliator exactly that, so I don't really mind, it's just that I've heard using anti-aging products early speeds up aging...but a great box all in all!

What do you think of this month's GlossyBox? Will you be signing up?


Click here to sign up!

4 comments:

  1. I loved this months! Jealous you got the pinky nail polish though! ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooved mine as well!
    But I got the orange nail polish instead which I didn't really apreciate!
    Anyways the box is amazing!

    Nice blog you have =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooo i love glossy box xx


    my blog : http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    RavingBeautyx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)