Wednesday 19 December 2012

Miaflora Moroccan Argan Oil Review


This is argan oil, one of the rarest oils in the world due to the Argan tree only growing in Morocco. It is rich in essential fatty acids helping the skin from wrinkling and allowing it to become more toned. It can also aid hair repair from the sun and chemical damage. It is available at Holland & Barrett costing £12.99 for 59ml.

I decided to use this on my hair and skin and I also asked a friend to use it as she suffers from very very dry cracked skin to compare.

It looks like a standard yellow oil and smells of olives to me, this scent is not very noticeable and I only realised this after using up half the bottle.

On my hair - I think this was amazing, the bottle lasts a long time if you use just the amount you need, I found it nourished my hair and made it feel stronger, softer, thicker and like new hair. I used it before washing my hair and left it on for about 2-3hours, longer if I could.

On my skin - I used it on elbows, knees, all over really and it was surprising how well it worked for me. After about a week's worth of regular use I could see my skin was glowing, looking better and feeling better, not so tight anymore. I didn't feel the need to use it on a daily basis after this and satisfied passed it on to my friend.

On my friend's skin - she suffers from very dry cracked skin, particularly on her legs, elbows, knees and feet. She used this for about a week daily on those areas only, after the week I asked her how it was and she was asking me where she could get it and nothing had worked so well for her. She said the cracks were slowly healing, her legs looked a lot smoother and her rough patches weren't so rough anymore. I bought her another bottle!

Overall - I definitely think this a truly amazing product, I would definitely repurchase and I think it would work well for all skin and hair types.

Have you used argan oil before? What did you think?

6 comments:

  1. I have heard amazing things about Argan Oil. Great review! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. When this year started, I decided I wanted to start using better types of hair & skin care, so I tried out different products with argan oil. So far my favorite has been Defend (I bought this at purelementnaturals.com). Defend is a blend of argan oil & essential oils. It has been working wonders on my skin. I ordered Defend mainly to use on my skin, but it's great for hair and nails as well. Since using Defend, my skin has felt hydrated, tighter, and softer. My hair feels a lot better too! I am a huge advocate for using argan oil - like you said - truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't ever heard of products with argan oil mixed with other essential oils, that sounds great! I'm so happy it's working for you. It really is such a fantastic product, it has so many benefits and it is all natural! Thank you so much for commenting :) x

      Delete
  3. I bought it today.. I will see how it will work! :-)

    http://shoeaholicandmore.com

    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this product today.. ;-)

    http://shoeaholicandmore.com

    Kiss

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)