Sunday 6 March 2011

Review: BeautyUK's Glam Nails Nail Polish - Mauve Flash No34

I L-O-V-E this nail polish :) I wish I could stop there and end this post and that would be enough convincing for you to go out and try it...I'll continue for all those that need more convincing though. It cost me £1.99 from Superdrug which rockets the value factor by 1000x! For 9ml of nail polish...wow.

So onto the convincing now...I'm sorry I haven't posted any swatches of this (and for saying convincing 3x already!), all the pictures I took came out really shoddy and didn't do the beautiful colour enough justice.

It's a very bright summery pink that would look very pretty on nails in the summer, fingers and toes.The brush is lovely to work with, fans out enough and doesn't allow the formula to "gloop" on it, the wear is chip resistant for about a week and looks absolutely perfect, which is oh so difficult to find in a nail polish nowadays. I took mine off a bit sooner though because as the nails grow the cuticles become worse so I end up flaking/scratching picking at my nails until the colour came off, otherwise I reckon it would have remained perfectly for longer. I wore a top coat on top which completely "glooped" and left bubbles on my nails, yet the colour still shone through. I also put on 3 coats but I think 2 coats were enough, it's opaque enough for 1 coat as long as you pick up a lot of polish on the brush.

I know this isn't a typical transition colour from winter to spring but I needed some cheering up and this polish really did and has cheered me up :)

And there we are, a perfect nail polish for £1.99...shocking I know! A very big well done to BeautyUK for making such a perfect nail polish, I would like it to be a bit more opaque on its own and I have yet to try wearing it alone to further test out the chip-resistant, stay-pretty for ages quality it has, but I give it an 8/10 for now.

Thank you for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your glowing review of our Glam Nails!! Very much appreciated. Are you following us on Twitter? (beautyuktweets)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)