Friday 4 February 2011

Review: Bourjois Khol and Contour Eyeliner Pencils


I love these eyeliners from Bourjois so much...possibly more in a slightly different category to the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on eye pencils. They sell for £4.99 at Boots or Superdrug. These are fantastic eyeliners, very gentle on the eyes, waterline, tightline, lower lashline, upper lashline, you name it, and also very appropriate for creating smokey eyes. They can be smudged or kept as deep colours alone. The one in shade the shade noir I have had for donkey's years - literally, I think that as long as eye pencils are kept clean and sharpened regularly they can be used for however long, hence why mine has been around forever. It was one of my first ever items of makeup that my aunt kindly purchased for me.

The second shade I have is bleu virtuose which is also a very pretty shade, works best on the upper lash line though where it is clearly visible as a blue-ish colour but on the waterline it becomes difficult to distinguish between the two.

The only issue I have with these liners is that because of their ability to smudge out, they can slightly begin to smudge on the eyes after about 4-5 hours on me, and they don't last for very long on the waterline either, probably 2 hours only. I remember sleeping with them on accidentally one night and by morning it was completely gone!

I'm not really one for constant reapplication of makeup especially when out because to be frank, I just can't be bothered - unless I begin to look like a monster of course, hence why Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear line truly appealed to me.

But we digress...back to the liners, they're fantastic and I would definitely recommend them for their price and quality, best for smokey eyes, a 7/10.

Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)