Wednesday 11 August 2010

Review: Lush "You've Been Mangoed" bath melt

So this is the first ever bath melt I've tried from Lush, and I wasn't too dissapointed. The only problem is that I wasn't amazed either, and I feel the melt should have been named something along the lines of "You've been lemon-ed"!

The bath melt cost £2.80/$5.95 and is available in 30g/1oz sizes, despite the reference to the mango, the melt smells of lemons, limes and oranges. As with all Lush products you are encouraged to use 1 item per bath/shower, however I split the melt into 2 so I could use it twice. The smell is gorgeous even though it's not like that of a mango, however once melted in the bath the bubbles stay for 5minutes then disappear into mysterious murky water created by the melt. I wouldn't say it's very moisturising either...unless you want it as a fragrance in your home I wouldn't spend my money on it.

Pros:
- smells nice
- small and cute product
- good for fragrancing room/wardrobe
- it's suitable for vegans

Cons:
- very small for such a price and only a 1 use product
- doesn't smell of mangoes as expected
- not super moisturising
- bubbles don't hold for very long
- end up with murky water once bubbles have gone

I'm not really sure what rating to give this product as I don't feel the great smell outweighs the negatives...that's why I've outlined the pros and cons so that you can decide for yourself :)

I'm giving it a 6/10 because it's not a terrible product, just not as expected. To try it for yourself you can visit any Lush store near you or order it online,

US: http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/bath-shower/bath-melts/youve-been-mangoed
UK: http://www.lush.co.uk/products/bath/bath-melts/you've-been-mangoed_102.html
Other Countries: http://www.lush.com/

Thank you for reading :)

nav x

2 comments:

  1. Good to know! I still need to get some Lush, but it sounds like I wont be getting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Yep! I guess you could use it with more of their products but then all the smells would be jumbled and that's too much for 1 bath!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)