Friday 28 December 2012

6 Month Spending Ban

I know I've tried to do these before and have succeeded in none, but this time I am very determined and also poor! I will not be purchasing anything to do with beauty from 1st Jan - 30th June 2013. I have been stocking up and fulfilling my addiction in the sales so will post a haul soon but I shan't be buying anything new! I will post my progress in my monthly empties posts.

I spend an awful lot on beauty products, a lot of the time because at the time I think I'd like to review them, as I've mentioned before though living in two cities makes it difficult for me to be able to review products without them getting lost along the way. By not spending on beauty I'm sure I'll save a lot and use up a lot of what I already have! (I think I have enough shower gel to last me for 3 years...)

I've chosen to do this for 6 months as I know there will be a lot of new product releases and I will eventually have to buy something! I will be receiving Glossybox, but that has already been paid for this year and I will allow myself to buy something if I run out, e.g shampoo and conditioner. For some reason those are the only products I haven't got boxes full of!

I may try to extend this to an entire year if I manage the six months - although I imagine an extension would be very unlikely knowing myself...

Are you thinking of going on a spending ban for 2013? I'd love to know!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, six months is ages! Good luck. I don't have the willpower to go on a spending ban. I find that I'll go nuts occasionally and then unintentionally not buy anything for a couple of months. I'm going to the US in just over a week, so there's no point introducing a ban just yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know but I have sooooo much already and I find it hard to use up and easy to buy new things! I will do several "collection" posts soon so that everyone knows what I'm talking about! I do the same, go nuts once in a while but then if I have the money the crazy period will continue. Ooh have fun in the US! :) I agree, you can't introduce a ban just yet haha x

      Delete
  2. It is easy to buy new things and sometimes hard to use up what you have. I have been guilty of buying new things and realising that I have something brand new and unused in my stash that is similar or the same. Good for you for making an effort to use things up. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, it's easy to say oh that looks nice, I'll get it when in fact you probably have an equivalent already! It's hard to stay committed to using something up when there's always something new available! Thank you, hopefully I can actually stick to this, it'll feel like a huge achievement! xx

      Delete
  3. Fab! Good luck and I look forward to reading your updates! I think I might try to do the 100 day spending ban challenge some point soon - I have far too many beauty products in my stash without me adding anything else! xx

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think lots of us have far too many beauty products, I've tried doing these before but they've never worked because I gave in and went shopping. This one definitely is going to work though and I hope to save some money too xx

      Delete
  4. Good luck to you! We are taking baby steps and might do a no buy month maybe in Feb. :-)

    Happy New Year!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ladies! I love that you picked the shortest month in the year ;) haha! Good luck with yours too and happy new year! :) x

      Delete

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)