Sunday 22 January 2012

40 Questions of Beauty

I've had this saved in my drafts for ages now but never got round to actually completing it! I can't remember who's blog I saw this on but many thanks because it was really fun to complete!

How many times do you wash your face daily?

Twice usually, recently I've gotten lazy and use a makeup wipe at night. More often in summer or after I've exercised!

What skin type do you have?

Dry combination in winter and oily combination in summer. Combination basically!

What is your current facial wash?

Dr Nick Lowe's Foaming Anti-Blemish Cleanser.

Do you exfoliate?

Yes, around twice a week.

What brand do you use?

At the moment it's Sanctuary.

What moisturiser do you use?

Dr Nick Lowe's Anti Blemish Cream

Do you have freckles?

Nope

Do you use an eye cream?

Yes, occasionally I'll use Colbert M.D eye cream, but once that's finished I'll be using one from Bliss.

Do you or did you have acne prone skin?

Yes, I have had horrific skin in the past, when I was around 9 to about 16.

Did you ever have to use Pro-Activ?

I really wanted to, but I couldn't afford it or ask for it back then, I've bought it now and will be using it this summer, as I tend to break out more then.

What foundation do you use?

I'm alternating between 17's Adapt-itude and Elf's new one.

How about concealer?

Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection Concealer.

Do you know your undertone colour?

I believe it is yellow?

What do you think of fake eyelashes?

My lashes are already really long so I thought I would look like an idiot wearing them but now I'd like to give them a go.

Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?

Yes. Do I do this? No.

What brand of mascara do you use?

I'm trying to use up a No7 one at the moment, but otherwise for special occasions I will use my Lancome Hypnose mascara.

Sephora or M.A.C?

Neither.

Do you have a M.A.C Pro-card?

No.

What makeup tools do you use in make up application?

I use makeup brushes. Occasionally my hands too.

Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?

Yes, I use UDPP, Elf's ones or a Mac paint pot.

For the face?

Either YSL's or Witch or 17's.

What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?

Probably Sin by Urban Decay because it's a great easy shade for any skintone to pull off.

Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?

Both!

How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?

Not that often anymore...

What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?

Bit messy but can be stunning. My favourite at the moment is one by Terre d'Oc that I received in my Amarya beauty box.

Do you use mineral makeup?

I have a mineral foundation? It's liquid but I haven't used it yet.

What is your favorite lipstick?

Don't have a favourite as of yet.


How about lipgloss?

Nars Pillow Talk because it was bought for me by someone important, also it's very pretty!

What is your favorite blush to use?

I love blushes, any is good really... I think I need to play with my collection a bit more to answer some of these!

Do you buy your makeup on eBay?

No, never.

Do you like drugstore makeup?

Yes.

Do you go to CCO's? (Cosmetic Company Outlets)

No. I'm also pretty sure we don't have those here in the UK.

Did you ever consider taking make up classes?

Yes! I booked one which turned into a nightmare and I never actually took the class.

Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?

I don't think so, I tend to concentrate really hard!

Name a makeup crime that you hate?

20 pairs of fake eyelashes and 50 bottles of fake tan on the same woman.

Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick, eyeshadow) or neutral ones?

Yes, I like all :) Just depends on when which is appropriate.

Which celebrity always has great make up?

I really like Gwen Stefani's look. She's also beautiful!

If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item, what would you use?

Probably eyeliner.

Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?

Yes, I do it all the time!

Do you  think you look good even without any make up on?

Not necessarily good, but I don't look hideous or anything. Just a normal person :)

In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?

I love Urban Decay/Bobbi Brown/Nars/YSL and I really want to try more Benefit. I'll say Urban Decay for now!

What do you think of makeup?

I think it's incredibly fun to play with and buy. It shouldn't become anyone's life I don't think, unless of course you're a makeup artist etc. I mean in the sense that no woman should be completely obsessed with it and think she doesn't look good without it. It's good fun :)

I'd like all of you to do this! Please link me back in the comments below! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey there!! We put this up on our blog last night! Thanks for doing this because we had so much fun running through these questions.

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! Love reading ones likes this Xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)