Friday 12 April 2013

Nuxe Rêve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm


This is Nuxe's cult favourite lip balm and I can confirm that it works brilliantly, I got mine, a 15g pot for £9.50 from Escentual



It contains nourishing ingredients like honey, plant oils, shea butter and grapefruit essence, it doesn't contain mineral oil or parabens and 79.5% of the ingredients are of natural origin. I bought this about five months ago and have been using it on and off ever since, it has a light grapefruit scent and a whipped texture, it is easy to pick up with your finger and apply, as you put it on it melts onto your lips adding moisture. It feels very rich and nourishing, even when a smaller amount is applied. Another reason it's great is because a light layer allows lipgloss or lipstick to be placed on top without either of them being ruined, although I would suggest a generous application and it is great as a night time lip balm.

I like the packaging, the only thing I would prefer if a tiny spatula came with it to scoop some product out each time, but then I suppose it wouldn't really be travel-friendly or suited to a handbag. I don't think the stick version would feel as luxurious but I dislike dipping fingers into pots.

Overall I love this lip balm, it works really well and it lasts a long time, the price is a bit high for a lip balm but I would say this would be a treat in your night routine. I do think this has become one of my favourite lip balms.

*Nuxe claim not to test on animals but an article I found here states that they do - on dead animals; they aren't listed on BUAV's website*

Have you found any lip balms worthy of becoming one of your favourites yet?

3 comments:

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)