Wednesday 17 December 2014

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum - Original Formula

Hello lovely people!

Today I wanted to review John Frieda's frizz-ease hair serum, I have the original formula and have used about half of it as you can see. I'm sure there are already a lot of reviews on this but I wanted to add in my two cents as well.

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Original Formula Hair Serum


Image credit: http://www.herworldplus.com/beauty/tried-tested/review-john-frieda-frizz-ease-original-formula-hair-serum#.VJBn3SusUwo

I've left mine at my uni house so had to use a stock pic, sorry! I've used just over half of it for reference. It is available at Boots and other leading drugstores and supermarkets and costs £6.29 for 50ml. I bought this some time ago now and have only managed to use up half of it, I use about 2-4 pumps on damp hair to calm the frizz, even though it says to use a pea size amount on soaking wet hair. The amount can be adjusted depending on the length of hair and frizz levels.

I find it works pretty well and definitely notice a difference when I do use it and when I don't. I have naturally curly hair which is prone to frizz occasionally, but I have been using some form of frizz control after every hair wash so the condition has certainly improved.

The packaging utilises a pump dispenser which is handy and makes the product less prone to leaks and great for travelling with. It is pretty minimalistic and simple which is fine.

The texture is pleasant, quite silky - which makes sense as the last ingredient is hydrolysed silk and absorbs fairly quickly. It does help with frizz for sure, but I think I would prefer to use oils. I have tried a few other oils and hair serums (which I will also review) and in comparison to those I think this is a lesser favourite, although still very good.

Would I repurchase?

I'm not sure, I'm still looking for one with a better texture and think I prefer oils.

Have you tried this product or any other hair serums? What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I quite like this serum. It's not the best out there but it does the job fairly well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)