Friday 29 March 2013

Dead Sea Spa Magik Hair Magic Serum Review

Product Image For <br />Hair Magic Serum
Source
This is a conditioner/hair mask type product by Dead Sea Spa Magik, sorry for the stock image, I've left my battered, almost empty bottle in my uni bathroom, but as it's practically finished I thought I'd better review it quickly before I forget! This was generously sent to me absolutely ages ago so I'm also sorry for the late review. But enough now and onto the review!

It costs £17.25 for 150ml and is available at Holland & Barrett, I've also spotted it in department stores like John Lewis. It's a thick cream that you apply onto shampooed hair and leave on for a few minutes before washing it off. The very first thing I noticed was the smell, it's not pleasant at all. Well I didn't think it was, I'm sure someone would like it. You can also use it dry as a serum, I didn't use it this way because I don't like having product in my hair generally after it's been washed and conditioned, but even if I wanted to use some, it just looks too much like conditioner for me to want to put it on dry hair.

I've nearly used the entire thing, it's essentially finished and ready for the bin but I want to try and squeeze out  as much as I can for one more use. I didn't like the smell, but I love how it works. It didn't take long for it to soften and detangle my hair, and it also stops any frizziness. That's pretty much all I'd want from a conditioning product - and a nice scent. I don't want to fixate on it, because I think it comes from all the good stuff, minerals etc in the product that actually make it work.

Overall, I definitely think this is worth trying if you have damaged, dry or even normal hair to rehydrate it and give it a boost, making it feel stronger too, personally I don't think I would repurchase because even though it lasted me about two months I think £17.25 is a lot for a product I would use very frequently and I dislike the scent, even though I know it's probably just from all the good stuff in the conditioner! I also found it difficult to get all the product out of the bottle, a squeezy bottle or one with a pump may be more useful I think.

Would you be interested in trying it? Have you given it a go - what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)