Thursday 11 April 2013

First Impressions: Ginvera Green Tea Exfoliating Marvel Gel


This is Ginvera's Green Tea Exfoliating Marvel Gel, I was lucky enough to receive two decent sized samples, (enough for 4 uses each) to review and give my opinion on. The full size is 60ml and retails for £22 here. 

This is an exfoliating gel wash designed for use daily, and I think it is gentle enough to be used on a daily basis, it is suitable for all skin types and the usage recommended to see a difference in your complexion is 30 days. It contains green tea essence - which is rich in antioxidants to help protect skin from the sun, soybean extract - with amino acids which have moisturising and illuminating properties, Vitamins C and E - revitilising skin cells, smoothing and clarifying skin and finally biogel - which breaks down skin care products into smaller molecules allowiing deeper penetration and absorption by skin cells. The gel aims to, stimulate skin metabolism resulting in younger skin, refining pores, fading pigmentation and scars, regulating oil secretion, preventing pimples, evening skintone and allowing rapid penetration of skincare products. (Please note the description has been taken from a Ginvera card received with the gel.)

I've used up both of the small samples, I chose to use it in the mornings for the first tube and in the evening for the second tube. The directions are to use this on dry skin with dry hands, it comes out as a light slime green shade and when rubbed on the skin turns into a white thin liquid, after continued rubbing small flakes form, and this Ginvera say is all the dead skin being removed from the top layers of skin.

On occasions when I used it in the evening, twice it just absorbed into my skin, no flaking or anything just absorption, this I believe was because I'd used a moisturiser with sunscreen on my face and it probably just got drawn into it, although I would have thought it would just behave normally and take everything off, it didn't so I just used a regular face wash.

I did enjoy using this product, although I can't say whether it is effective in the long run with regards to all the claims, my skin did feel very clean and the scent is pleasant, it was also interesting to see the bits of skin flaking off.

I think I would purchase a full size but it does concern me that it was drawn in to the moisturisers with sunscreen in them, although I could just use it in the mornings... I did enjoy using the samples, my skin felt much softer and smoother after using the gel and products definitely seemed to absorb better.

Please be aware this is only a first impressions post and not an entire review as I have not used the product for long enough!

Have you tried this gel? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)